B.sc in Forensic Science, Well, If you are someone who is interested in investigating crimes, reading books or stories based on crime investigation, and want to make a career in the field of crime investigation?
Then B.sc in Forensic science is the course you should enroll for.
In this article, you will come to know what is Forensic science? What are the skill sets required for a student of forensic science in 2021?
And what are the eligibility, admission process, and career options for B.sc in forensic science?
What Does Forensic Science Exactly Mean?
Forensic science is a branch of science which deals with the investigation of crimes.
It includes the study and analysis of different objects at the crime scenes.
Analysis of crime scenes can include analysis of blood strains, fingerprints, DNA profiling, analysis of the weapon used in the crime, recovering data from the electronic device, etc.
Scope of Forensic Science in the Future?
According to our research based on the data of the last 5 years, Forensic science has shown excellent growth.
Around 50 thousand new jobs are opening in India every 6 months and the best part is that most of the jobs are from the government sector.
Skills Required to Become a Forensic Scientists.
1. Analytical Skills
This set of skills refers to the ability to collect and analyze the data or information on the basis of the given analysis and to find the best way to solve particular problems.
2. Observation Skills
This skill refers to the ability to use all your five senses to recognize and analyze your surroundings.
3. Technical Skills
You should also have a basic knowledge of computers.
Eligibility Criteria for B.sc in Forensic Science.
Candidates should fulfill all the following criteria in order to pursue B.Sc in Forensic Science.
The candidate must have passed the class 12th or 10+2 from the recognized board.
Mathematics and Physics must be the main subjects of candidates in class 12th or 10+2 along with one of the optional subjects such as Chemistry, Biology, Computer science, etc.
The candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination.
You might also like:
- How to Become an Architect in India? A Comprehensive Guide.
- 9+ Top Highest Paying Jobs in India for Fresher in 2021.
- Computer Science Engineering: Courses, Scope, and Eligibility.
Admission Process of B.sc in Forensic Science?
The admissions for B.sc in Forensic science are done in two ways.
The merit-based admissions are done directly on the basis of scores obtained by the candidate in the 12th or 10+2 examination.
Some of the colleges also prepare a cutoff list based on the score of the 12th examination.
The entrance-based admissions are done on the basis of scores obtained by the candidate in national level, state level, and college-level entrance exams.
Top Forensic Science entrance exams of India Include
- CG PAT
- IISER IAT
- BHU UET
Now after knowing the admission process it's time to understand the fee one has to pay in order to pursue B.sc in Forensic science.
Syllabus of B.Sc in Forensic science.
The syllabus of the course completely depends on the university.
The syllabus might change slightly from university to university. The general syllabus of the course is as follows.
- Introduction to Forensic Science.
- Introduction to Criminology.
- Criminal Behaviour
- Forensic Science Laboratory expert, Testimony & laws.
- Psychological factors.
- Foreign language 1 & 2.
- Physical Evidence in Forensic Science.
- Blood analysis.
- Crime and Socio-cultural.
- Crime scene investigation.
- Introduction to Biology.
- Introduction to Chemistry.
- Introduction to Toxicology.
- Forensic Anthropology.
- Analysis of Biological fluids.
- Classification of Poisons and their effect on the human body.
- Communication skills
- Typewriting and handwriting analysis.
- Foreign Language 3 & 4.
- Arson and Explosion investigation.
- Foreign Language 5 & 6.
- Personal Identification.
- Wound and its Medico-Legal Aspects.
- DNA fingerprinting.
- Ballistics- classification of firearms, collection of firearm-related evidence.
- X-RAY Diffraction Techniques.
A Fee of B.Sc in Forensic Science.
The fee depended on multiple factors like facilities provided by the institute.
Well, the average fee of the course approximately ranges between 20,000₹ to 5L.
Scholarships provided by Government and Institutes for B.Sc in Forensic science.
A number of scholarships are provided by the government and institutes some of them are
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories and economically weaker sections are eligible for state government scholarship schemes.
- AICTE tuition fee waiver scheme (only 5% students in each state).
- Private universities offer merit scholarships (based on scores of 12th or 10+2 examination).
Salary of B.Sc in Forensic Science.
The average starting salary for a B.Sc (Forensic science) graduate in India is about 2.5L to 4L per year.
The salary package also depends on the institute/university from where you had completed your bachelor’s.
5+ Top B.Sc (Forensic Science) Colleges/Universities in India:
- Lovely Professional University, Delhi/ Jalandhar.
- Parul university, Vadodara.
- Amity University, Noida.
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh.
- Manipal School of life Sciences, Manipal.
- Mumbai university.
A Career in B.Sc (Forensic science) Graduate.
- There are multiple career options for B.Sc(Forensic science) candidates, some of them are
- Forensic Scientist
- Forensic Expert
- Private investigator
- Drug Analyst
- Crime scene investigator
- Forensic Serologist
- Forensic Toxicologist
- Police officer
- Forensic consultant
- Forensic Architect
Some of the Top Recruiters in the field of Forensic Science:
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Central Govt. Forensic science Labs
- Police department
What Next After B.Sc (Forensic Science)?
There are two options after B.Sc(Forensic Science). One can apply for the job or go for further studies in the field of Forensic science i.e PG programs.
The choice is yours but if you want to get an expert in your field then you should go for the M.Sc(Forensic science).
Also, you can directly get the senior posts in the jobs you wanted to apply for.
- 9+ Top Business Ideas in India for Beginners in 2021.
- How to Start a Career in Digital Marketing like a Boss?
- 7 Easy Steps to Start a Construction Business in India.
Some of the Master Programs in Forensic Science are:
- M.Sc(Forensic Science)
- M.Sc(Forensic Science and Criminology)
- M.Sc(Information Security and Cyber forensics)
As you all know one should never stop learning in life therefore after the master’s one can also go for an M.phil or Ph.D. in Forensic Science.
B.Sc in Forensic Science - Wrap Up!
The field of forensic science is ever-growing and the competition is less as compared to the other fields.
The jobs in this field are going anywhere at least for 10-20 years because AI(Artificial intelligence) is not yet developed to solve criminal cases.
So first thing forensic science is a good field to make a career in and second, you should have an interest in it because interest plays a key role here.
Hope you have got all the related information about B.Sc in forensic science in 2021.
And if you have any doubt related to the above topic then feel free to comment below.
We will try our best to clear your doubt as soon as possible.
I have written this blog for you guys with a lot of 🖤. If you share this blog with your friends, then it'll be very helpful for me. Sharing is 🎓.
Leave a Reply